The Alderson Origin Story
In 1983 Dean Alderson successfully set up Alderson Central Soil supply’s (now more commonly known as Central Landscape Supply), which he went on to sell in 1987.
He then went on to establish Alderson Bulk Haulage which saw growth over the years as the company picked up several large contacts – such as contracting to Redvale Lime.
Dean also sought out work for Ravensdown Fertilizer, which saw the company take off to a new level, branching into storage and logistics of fertiliser and palm kernel.
In 2000 the company purchased a chicken cartage business off Bob Donley (Donley Carriers).
Twenty Years Later...
the company has grown into a national transport provider, with operations in both Auckland and Christchurch. Initially only working for one customer in Auckland supplying transport services and forklift hire, today sees the business partnering with a number of key clients to provide a full range of services.
In 2015 the company sold off the bulk haulage and logistics business to focus on the poultry division.
Today the business employs over 100 staff across the country and is led by an experienced Management team, with Dean in the role of CEO.
Alderson Poultry Transport Ltd Objectives
- Ongoing development of a strong H&S culture, which provides a safe and healthy environment for all
- To be the leader in the Poultry transportation industry by providing enhanced services and profitability
- To provide quality services in an efficient manner that exceeds the expectations of our valued customers
- To build long term relationships with our customers and clients and provide exceptional customer services by pursuing business through innovation and advanced technology
- Expansion in the field of Poultry Transportation and develop a strong base of key customers
- To further the reputation of Alderson Poultry Transport Ltd and remain a key player in the industry